Tap on > Settings
Tap on > Organization
Tap on > Overtime
First you need to select the overtime week start day which determines the overtime work week. Overtime work week is a period of seven days starting from the overtime week start day, i.e., for overtime week start day of Monday, the overtime work week runs from Monday to Sunday.
Tap on > Edit next to Choose Your Overtime Week Start Day
Tap on > The day you want as Overtime Week Start Day
Tap on > Edit next to Custom Overtime Rules
SINC supports five types of overtime rules:
- Daily: Daily overtime hours are hours worked beyond the normal hours in a work week day.
- Daily Double: Like daily, daily double hours are hours worked beyond the normal hours in a work week day and are paid at a higher rate than the daily hours i.e., Daily after 8 hours at 1.5 rate and Daily Double after 12 hours at 1.75 rate.
- Weekly: Are hours worked beyond the normal hours in a work week.
- Seventh Consecutive Day: Are hours worked on the seventh consecutive work week day. Seventh consecutive day applies only for hours worked on the seventh consecutive work week day, not seventh consecutive day. If the work week is from Monday to Sunday, then seventh consecutive day only applies when an employee works seven consecutive days from Monday to Sunday.
- Seventh Consecutive Day Double: Like seventh consecutive day, are hours worked on the seventh consecutive work week day and are paid at a higher rate than seventh consecutive day hours i.e., Seventh Consecutive Day after 0 hours at 1.5 rate and Seventh Consecutive Day after 8 hours at double the rate.
Toggle on > The Custom Rule You Want To Use (i.e., Daily)
If required, edit the hours after which the overtime rule will apply, to do this:
Tap on > Edit next to After Hours
Tap on > The Hours After Which The Rule Should Apply
If required, edit the overtime rule rate by editing the multiplier, to do this:
Tap on > Edit next to Multiplier
Tap on > The Multiplier For The Rule
Similarly, the remaining rules can be enabled as required. The hours after which they apply and their multipliers can also be adjusted.
Once Overtime Week Start Day is set and a Custom Rule has been toggled on, Gross Pay on Overview and Employee Summaries is calculated and displayed with Overtime (Overtime is calculated for clocked out shifts, open shifts' gross pay don't include overtime calculations).
Details of the overtime calculations are displayed on the Exported Pay Period Summaries.
If you are using the web version it will look like this: